Education FAQs

Student visas are granted to applicants who intend to study a registered course on a full-time basis, with a number of visa conditions. Our education consultants are happy to assist you throughout the process.
Upon completion of a registered course with at least 2 years of study in Australia, you may apply for a Skilled Permanent Residency Visa. This further requires you to fulfil the Skilled Visa Points Test.
You must demonstrate a sufficient level of English language proficiency from an approved English Language Test provider such as IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge (CAE) or Pearson (PTE).
You can enrol in English language courses or bridging courses that prepare you for the proposed course.
You can work part time up to 40 hours per fortnight during course time, and full time during vacation periods.
Tuition fees vary according to the course and institution. University Degree and Postgraduate programs generally cost around AUD$14,000 to $36,000 annually, while Vocational Education and Training costs around AUD$5000 to $20,000 a year.
Australian official estimates indicate that in general, an international student will spend about AUD$500 per week on accommodation, food, clothing, entertainment, transport and telephone expenses. The figure varies according to location and institution. The student must demonstrate they have access to AUD$18,610 per year in order to meet the living costs requirement under the Migration regulations.
Almost all international students have to buy OSHC before they come to Australia and maintain OSHC for the whole duration of their student visa. OSHC helps overseas students to pay for any medical or hospital care during their study in Australia. OSHC does not cover dental, optical or physiotherapy.
IYou can stay with a host family, live on-campus or rent an apartment on your own. Our education consulting team can arrange accommodation according to your needs.
As long as you can prove your family members have sufficient funds to support their living in Australia (with a number of visa conditions).
University courses commence in February and some offer mid-year intakes in July. Vocational Education and Training courses offer intakes in February and July, and some in April and September as well.
Most universities in Australia are government-owned while VET institutions are privately owned (except for TAFE, which is government-owned). VET qualifications are recognised as entry for university degree courses.
All international students under the Australian Student Visa must study full time.
Most scholarships for international students are offered for postgraduate study in universities (International Postgraduate Research Scholarships). Most international students pay full fees.
Student loans are not applicable to international students in Australia.
A summer vacation, of around three months, starts in mid-November and ends in late February. The winter break is from late May to July.
Many universities offer short courses during summer and winter breaks. Students who wish to graduate earlier may undertake these short courses.
It usually takes three years to complete a university degree course.
There are currently 39 universities in Australia; 37 are state owned and two others are private universities.
Australian universities usually accept applications up to a month before a semester begins. Our education consulting team advises students to do the preparation work a few months ahead.
There is no official ranking but a few reputable commercial publications are available. Each ranking differs in certain criteria.
We can arrange English language training for corporate staff at language schools associated with universities, or high-quality private language schools.
Many universities offer short courses during summer and winter breaks. Our education consulting team can assist with applications by individual students or summer school training for groups.
We do assist with enquiries and arrangements for language training for junior and senior high school students, and study tours at high schools in Australia.
Our education consulting team is happy to assist you with a wide range of internship positions.